Path: Initial Application Welcome: Guest
    Arizona's landscape Sunset over Lake Powell,
Glen Canyon National Recreation area, Alstrom point
Following are the topics covered for the initial application:  
  Before filling out your initial application, please read the following thoroughly.

 Initial Applications   Our forms are in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view and print these forms. Click the Adobe logo to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Some forms allow you to fill them out on-screen and print them, however, you cannot save them. It will be necessary to fill the form out each time it is opened.

get Acrobat Reader
  Initial applications must be completed by applicants who have never applied to take the Uniform CPA Examination in Arizona. The cost to apply is $100 which is payable to the Arizona State Board of Accountancy. To learn more about the process, please visit the following FAQ – What are the steps in the application process?
a helpful hint Helpful Hints - DO NOT include fees payable to NASBA for each exam section. NASBA will send a payment coupon to you for the exam section fee(s) after issuance of the Authorization to Test (ATT) by the Board.
a helpful hint Helpful Hints – Candidates who have applied to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination in another jurisdiction can continue to reapply through that jurisdiction to complete the exam even though they have relocated to Arizona because they can sit at any Prometric testing center.

Uniform CPA Initial or Re-exam Application Form
 Transcript Requests  
  As part of your application, you must present satisfactory evidence that you have successfully obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution or a college or university that maintains standards comparable to those of an accredited institution. The evidence must show at least twenty-four semester hours of non duplicative accounting courses of which twelve semester hours are upper level, and shall also include at least eighteen semester hours in related courses.

The following is a link to a transcript request form so you can request that each college/university send your official transcript(s) to you in a sealed envelope or emailed to [email protected] directly from the college or university.

Transcript Request Form
 Cancellation Form  
  After the Arizona Board of Accountancy (Board) has approved your Initial Application which qualifies you to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam or after you have submitted a Re-exam Application, Board staff submits an Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) letting NASBA know what sections of the examination you are eligible to take.

ATT has not been sent to NASBA ATT has been sent to NASBA
If the Board receives a cancellation request for a section of the examination BEFORE Board staff has submitted the ATT to NASBA, you will not be impacted as the ATT will be amended accordingly and NASBA will send you a payment coupon and a Notice to Schedule for the amended sections of the examination. If the Board receives a cancellation request for a section of the examination AFTER Board staff has submitted the ATT to NASBA, you will forfeit your Initial or Re-Exam application fee paid directly to the Board.
If you have already paid your “payment coupon” to NASBA you will also forfeit your examination fees paid to NASBA. If you have not paid your “payment coupon” DO NOT pay it. After 90 days, your payment coupon will simply expire.
Once you are ready, you can submit a Re-exam application to the Board for the section(s) of the examination you want to take. It is strongly suggested that you not apply for a section of the examination until you are ready to take it or believe that you are able to take it during the six-month time-period for which the Notice to Schedule (NTS) is valid.

Exam Application Cancellation Form
 Address Change Form  
  If your residential or business address has changed since submitting your application, please use the following form to update your address for our records.

Change of Address Form