Path: Name Change Welcome: Guest

Arizona's landscape Colorado River, near Lake Havasu
However your name appears on your certificate, that is the name you must use when holding yourself out to the public as a CPA. If you want to change your name on your certificate, you need to do the following:
  1. Fill out the Reissuance of Certificate Form (see link below)

  2. Attach a copy of an appropriate document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, etc.)

  3. Attach your old original CPA certificate issued by the Arizona State Board of Accountancy (can be folded)

  4. Send your form, documentation and certificate to:
              Arizona State Board of Accountancy
              100 N 15th Ave, Suite 165
              Phoenix, AZ 85007-2627
When using your CPA title, you must use the designation with your name as it appears on your certificate until the name change is approved by the Board. When approved by the Board, a new CPA certificate will be mailed to the address on the form.

Reissuance of Certificate Form  (Name Change)

If you also need to inform the Board about a change to your address of record, please read our Change of Address Form page.

Our forms are in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view and print these forms. Click the Adobe logo to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Some forms allow you to fill them out on-screen and print them, however, you cannot save them. It will be necessary to fill the form out each time it is opened.

get Acrobat Reader

About SSL Certificates